In a move that shows once again that the NBA has their finger on the pulse of the culture. The league has loosened their rules in regards to the colours on players shoes. Effectively players no longer have to match their shoes to the colour of their uniform.
Taking note of the popularity of #nbafashion Adam Silver and crew are allowing sneaker culture to take a front seat in NBA on court fashion.
We have already seen Nike react by giving some of their talent a chance to design their opening day kicks. Colin Sexton, De’Aaron Fox, Frank Ntilikina, Jayson Tatum, Kyle Kuzma, Jordan Bell and Luka Dončić all had the change to select the colour and styles of the sneakers they wear. Kuzma has also signed an endorement deal with the popular sneaker app GOAT and will be provided with rare and hard to get kicks.
Here are the Top 10 sneakers worn in-game NBA Opening Week 2018.
(In no particular order)
1. PJ Tucker – Nike LeBron 2 Retro “Beast”
2. Steph Curry – Under Armour Curry 5 “Ring Night”
3. Mike Conley – Air Jordan 33 PE
4. Taurean Prince – Air Jordan 7 Low “Taxi”
5. Aaron Holiday – Air Jordan 8 “South Beach”
6. Lonzo Ball – Big Baller Brand ZO2.19
7. John Wall – Adidas Crazy BYW X
8. Montrezl Harrell – Off-White x Nike Hyperdunk
9. PJ Tucker – Friends &Family “PSG” Air Jordan 5
10. Lance Stephenson – Jordan 5 “Wings”
Bonus: Russell Westbrook Air Jordan 1 “Craig Sager”